Sharing is the way you give your teammates access to inspections and their results in iAuditor. It is a powerful tool that controls which inspections you see on your account, and allows you to control the review of:
- The Template to conduct inspections
- The inspection results for review
- Both one and two
There are essentially two major parts to the sharing process. Step 1: Sharing the template (form) to those who need to conduct the inspections, and Step 2: Sharing the inspection results of those you selected. You can always go back and adjust the sharing if something goes wrong, don’t panic, all changes can be reversed.
Individuals can always review and edit their own inspection data. Sharing inspection templates and results is only necessary when others need to use the same information.
You can choose to share to either an individual (user), or a team (group). All users and groups must added before you proceed with sharing. Since this is a two step process we recommend you first identify:
- Who needs to use the form to conduct inspections?
- Of those selected previously, who needs to review their inspection results?
- Are all the relevant groups and users added to the account?
- What type of access to those users need for each checklist?
Learn via video
Part 1: Use sharing to give your team access to inspections and results
Part 2: Place your teams into groups to share efficiently.
Part 3: Granting access to teammates for the inspection form
Part 4: Granting access to stakeholders for inspection results.
Web App: Step-by-step sharing
Step 1: Sharing a template
- From the “Templates” menu select the template checklist you intend to share by ticking the box.
- Buttons will appear including the “Share” option to the far right.
- Select the “Share” button.
- You may default to “Basic Sharing”, select the option for “Advanced Sharing” in the lower right corner. IMPORTANT NOTE
If you do not see the “Basic Sharing” option, proceed to Step 5. We recommend using advanced sharing in all cases except when sharing to a single individual.
- From the “Advanced Sharing” menu select the blue “Share With” button
- In “Step 1: Share Template” you are selecting the groups / users who need to use the checklist to perform inspections.
- For each group / user select a sharing “permission”. IMPORTANT NOTE
For more on sharing permissions see the “Permissions (Access Level) section of this article.
- Once you’ve selected a permission for the template, select “Next (Share Inspections) to proceed to the auto-sharing of results. IMPORTANT NOTE
DO NOT stop here, proceed to “Step 2: Auto-sharing results”.
Step 2: Auto-sharing inspection results
- After sharing the template portion the system will automatically push you into “auto-sharing” the results.
- “Auto-sharing” simply determines who (in addition to the original inspector) needs to review the results from the group(s) previously selected in the template sharing.
- You should be at this point in your sharing journey, if not see above “Step 1: Sharing the template”.
- Select the group(s) who need to review the inspection results (of the group selected during the template sharing).
- Select a permission for the results.
- Press “Done” in the bottom right.
- After completing, you can review the who the template was shared to, and also who the results of that template will go to.
Sharing Permissions (Access Level)
This is the basic permission level and allows the recipient to view and conduct audits from a template. For audits, it provides access to view it (read-only) and export.
View and Edit:
This is mid-level permission. This permission level allows recipients to make modifications to a template/audit but not delete them. It still allows new audits to be started from a template.
View, Edit, and Delete:
This is the highest sharing permission with complete access. New audits can be started from a template and both templates and audits can be modified and deleted.