Scoring is a powerful tool to give users insights into how their inspections are performing over time. There are a number of ways to customize scoring to suit the needs of your organization.
Scoring is only available on multiple choice questions. The default response sets on multiple choice questions are:
- Yes, No, N/A
- Good, Fair, Poor, N/A
- Safe, At Risk, N/A
- Pass, Fail, N/A
- Compliant, Non-compliant, N/A
Each of these response sets has scoring automatically applied. They are scored as:
- Yes (1), No (0), N/A (Not included in score)
- Good (2), Fair (1), Poor (0), N/A (Not included in score)
- Safe (1), At Risk (0), N/A (Not included in score)
- Pass (1), Fail (0), N/A (Not included in score)
- Compliant (1), Non-compliant (0), N/A (Not included in score)
If a response, like N/A in the example above, is not included in scoring it will not contribute to the total score. This is different to a response score of 0. A response score of 0 will contribute to the total score.
Change the scoring of a question
- On the Template Editor page, click the “+” icon on the top right of the template.
- Select to include “Score” and a “Max score” column will appear.
- From here, you can change the score for each individual question by clicking on the score and entering the maximum score for the question.
- To exclude the question from scoring, either click the “X” or leave the score blank.
Add weighting to questions
The new template editor will automatically add weighting to questions when you change the maximum score. Weighting can either increase or decrease the value of a question.
Here is an example of how this works:
Update scoring default responses
- To update the score on an existing response set, click to edit the response by using the pencil icon.
- From here, you can choose whichever score you would like to associate to each response by entering it into the score field.
- To exclude the individual response from scoring, either click the “X” or leave the score blank.
- To exclude the entire response set from scoring, uncheck the box at the top right.
- Remember to click “Save and apply” to finish.
This will apply the change to all questions that use this response set.