We understand that different teams or departments within your company or organization might be in separate iAuditor organizations, but need to use a template you have created already. That’s why we made it possible to share your templates across to another iAuditor organization on the web app. This article shows how you can share a template to those who are not part of your iAuditor organization and outlines some of the limitations of this cross-organization sharing. If you already have this setup and want to make changes, learn more about how you can manage template sharing and inspection auto-sharing.
This feature is only available between premium accounts. For free accounts, the best way to give other teams access would be to upload your templates to our public library for them to download.
Direct share a template to another organization
- Log in to the iAuditor web app.
- Select “Templates” from the left-hand side menu.
- Hover your cursor over the template you wish to share.
- Click “Share” on the right-hand side.
- The Sharing option window appears. Ensure “Basic Sharing” is displayed on the lower-right corner of the window. If you see “Advanced Sharing", click to proceed.
- Click “Share With” at the bottom of the window.
- Select the “Users” tab.
- Type in the email of the user in the organization you wish to share with.
- Once the email is typed in, click “enable direct sharing”.
If you do not enable this, an invite will be sent out to the other user to join your organization, which may incur extra charges.
- See that the email becomes a checkbox option, select the checkbox next to the email address.
- Click “Select Permission” on the right-hand side to select the template access level you wish to provide this user in the other organization.
Be mindful of the permission you provide, as any edits made by the other organization will reflect for groups or users in your organization as well.
- Click “Next (Share Inspections)” at the lower-right corner of the window once you are ready to move on to inspection auto-sharing.
- This step determines which groups or users are auto-shared the inspections conducted by the user in the other organization. By default, your account gets added to the inspection auto-sharing with “View, Edit and Delete” permission.
- Select the checkboxes of groups or users you wish to have inspections auto-share with.
- Each time you select a group or user’s checkbox, click “Select Permission” on the right-hand side to select the inspection access level you wish to provide for the group or user.
- Click “Done” at the lower-right corner of the window to send the email invite for the template sharing to the other organization.
- The user in the other organization needs to accept the email invitation for the template sharing to be complete.
- Templates using Global Response Sets will not work in the other organization.
- Template sharing with another organization cannot be set up from the mobile app.
- Templates can only be shared with an individual user in another organization. However, that user can share amongst their own groups or users once the cross-organization sharing is formed.