We understand that as administrators or managers of an organization, it’s important to have full visibility of the data in your organization. With iAuditor, you can provide users with this exact level of access to templates and inspections without having to set up sharing and auto-sharing manually.
This article shows you how to provide users full access to templates and inspections in your organization by assigning them the “Data Management” and “Data Access” permissions on the web app.
Before you begin
We recommend that you take note of the difference between the “Data Management” and “Data Access” permissions before you assign them to users or groups.
- Data Access: Provides full read-only access to templates and inspections in the organization. This permission by default only applies to the web app, with the option to apply to the mobile app as well. Please note that the mobile app option is not available for organizations with more than 200 templates.
- Data Management: Provides full view, edit, and delete access to all templates and inspections in the organization. Selecting this permission automatically selects the “Data Access” permission.
Please note that the “Data Management” and “Data Access” permissions can only be assigned on the web app by users with the “Admin” permission. Learn more about all the available permissions and how you can assign them as an administrator.
Keep in mind that inspections need to be directly shared with you if you wish to see the actions created within. Learn how to set up inspection auto-sharing so that nothing gets missed.
Provide full access
- Log in to the iAuditor web app.
- Click your organization/team name on the lower-left corner of the page.
- Select “Permissions” from the tab on the top of the page.
- Click “Assign permissions” on the upper-right corner of the page.
- In the pop-up window, type in the name of the user or group you wish to provide full access to and select the correct option.
- Click the down arrow below the user or group name.
- Select either the “Data Management” or “Data Access” permission accordingly.
- Click the up arrow to collapse the dropdown menu and select “Assign permissions”.
- Repeat from step 4 to provide full access to other users or groups.