Data Access and Data Management are special admin-level permissions on the iAuditor web app. Any user with one or both of these permissions will have the ability to see inspections and templates created across their organization. The main difference between the two is that Data Management grants "view, edit, and delete" access to all inspections and templates across and organization, while Data Access grants "view only" ability for templates and inspections created across the organization.
This is useful for setting up a new manager or Administrator that may need visibility on templates and inspections within your organization but doesn’t need the files on their device. It also cuts the amount of time spent setting up specific sharing for your administrative users and ensures that no files are missed in the sharing process.
As an administrator, you can choose whether Data Management/Access should sync files to your mobile and the web, or only on the web app. If you select "View all data on web app only" Data Management/Access will not sync the files to that users' device; this is to prevent an overabundance of files being synced to your device, which can fill up the device’ s storage quickly and lower the device’s performance. To view files on your mobile device, share the inspections.
Data Management versus Data Access
Data Management is the "parent" permission to Data Access. Data Management grants "view, edit, and delete" access to all inspections and templates across and organization, while Data Access grants "view only" access for templates and inspections created across the organization. It is important to note that these permission settings trump all sharing setups. If you provide a user/group one of these permissions, they can see all template and inspection results data across the entirety of your team and organization.
Setup Data Management/Access
- Log in to the iAuditor web app
- Click the name of your organization in the bottom left-hand menu
- Select "permissions" along the top sub-menu
- Search for the name of the group or the user email IMPORTANT NOTE
You can choose to assign permissions to an entire team (group) or a single individual (user)
- Select the name in the popup drop-down menu
- The menu populates with the name selected
- Under the permissions dropdown, select "Data Management" or "Data Access," respectively.
- Select to view all the data, the permission grants access to either (a) on the web app only, or (b) on the web app and the mobile.
- Click the green "add permission" button
- The system confirms your addition
- Once the user is given the data access permission, they receive a prompt to confirm the permission IMPORTANT NOTE
Also consider adding admin permissions to this account if you want it to act as a super admin account