Syncing transfers data between the iAuditor mobile app and the iAuditor website (our cloud servers) and allows you to backup your data.
While the iAuditor mobile app will automatically sync on its own when connected to the internet, you can also manually sync data from the mobile app too.
This page will show the steps on how to manually sync iAuditor from the mobile app.
Mobile App: Manual Syncing
You can manually perform a sync at any time as long as you have a strong connection to the internet. You can also set the sync interval via the 'Settings' tab. If you cannot see any templates/audits, they are likely still on the original device or on the iAuditor WebApp.
- Tap on "More" on the bottom right-hand corner of iAuditor.
- Tap on "Sync" on the top right-hand corner to manually sync data on the mobile app with the iAuditor website.
Background Syncing with Background App Refresh
iAuditor can also sync while the app is in the background using the Background App Refresh feature, and this can be turned on and off as you need. To do so:
- Go into the general settings on the iOS device.
- Tap on “iAuditor” from the list of apps on the lefthand side of the screen (you may need to scroll down to find it).
- Tap on “Background App Refresh” to toggle this setting on.
The Background App Refresh feature is currently only available on iOS devices.
Sync conflicts occur when you attempt to edit a template/inspection at the same time on more than one device. In this scenario, both the iAuditor website and iAuditor mobile app are not able to determine which version of the template/inspection is the correct one.
When a sync conflict occurs, the iAuditor mobile app will show a yellow banner at the top of the screen alerting you to the conflict.
How to Resolve a Sync Conflict
Please tap on the "Resolve" button in the yellow banner to resolve the sync conflict. Each template/inspection with a conflict will ask how you would like to resolve it. Please choose the appropriate option.
The options for resolving sync conflicts are:
- Keep Local: Keep the version of the template/inspection on the iAuditor mobile app and overwrite the one on the iAuditor website.
- Keep Their Version: Download the version of the template/inspection from the iAuditor website and overwrite the iAuditor mobile app version.
- Keep Both: Keep both versions of the template/inspection (both the iAuditor website and mobile app versions) and rename the iAuditor mobile app version of the template/inspection as a copy.
It is recommended to keep both versions if you are unsure which version is the correct to keep. Choosing local or theirs will permanently delete the other version so keep this in mind when making your decision.
With the syncing options available, you can control when and how you access your data:
- Save space on the device by storing inspections online (your iAuditor account) and only downloading it to the device when needed (On-Demand Syncing).
- Choose which inspections are synced to the device based on a time period (Restrictive Syncing).
- Store all audits on the device.
Templates will remain on the device as per usual. Should you need to remove templates from the device, you will need to Archive them.
Setting the Sync Interval/Sync Frequency
- Tap on "More" on the bottom-righthand corner in iAuditor.
- Tap on "Settings" in the next menu.
- Tap on "Sync Interval" to set the rate at which iAuditor will automatically sync when connected to the internet.
- Tap on "Sync Via" to choose if iAuditor will try to sync via wi-fi only or wi-fi and cellular connections.
- Tap "Store Audits on Device" to toggle the option to store audits directly on the device on.
- Tap "Audit Sync Limit" to choose limits on older inspections being removed from the device during syncing (these inspections will still be available on the iAuditor website).