It is recommended to keep both versions if you are unsure which version is the correct to keep. Choosing either “keep local” or “Keep theirs” will permanently delete the other version so keep this in mind when making your decision.
Sync conflicts occur when you attempt to edit a template/inspection at the same time on more than one device. In this scenario, both the iAuditor website and iAuditor mobile app are not able to determine which version of the template/inspection is the correct one.
When a sync conflict occurs, the iAuditor mobile app displays a yellow banner at the top of the screen alerting you to the conflict.
Mobile device: Resolve a sync conflict
Please tap on the “Resolve” button in the yellow banner to resolve the sync conflict. Each template/inspection with a sync conflict asks you to decide how you would like to resolve it. Please choose the appropriate option.
The options for resolving sync conflicts are:
- Keep Local: Keep the version of the template/inspection on the iAuditor mobile app and overwrite the one on the iAuditor website
- Keep Their Version: Download the version of the template/inspection from the iAuditor website and overwrite the iAuditor mobile app version
- Keep Both: Keep both versions of the template/inspection (both the iAuditor website and mobile app versions) and rename the iAuditor mobile app version of the template/inspection as a copy
In very rare cases, sync conflicts can also happen when you are editing an inspection that has since been archived by another user on iAuditor. Please also tap “Resolve” button in the yellow banner to resolve the sync conflict, and choose the appropriate option.
The options for resolving this sync conflicts are:
- Update my edits: The edits you made will be synced to the now archived inspection, but it will not be stored on your device as it has been archived
- Discard my edits: This will discard all the edits you have made with the inspection remaining in the archive
- Keep a copy: This will create a copy of the inspection with edits made on your device that can be synced as a new inspection
iAuditor WebApp: Resolve a sync conflict
The following pop up window will appear.
Click on Refresh to resolve the conflict.