iAuditor allows you to collect data in a variety of ways, including temperature-specific data. This simple field is very useful for noting temperatures at given times and provides a specific place for this information. Instead of relying on a text field, you can now designate the Temperature field to gather this data.
The Temperature field allows for manual inputting of temperatures but also integrates with the Cooper Atkins Blue2 and RayTemp Bluetooth thermometer with a Premium subscription.
iAuditor WebApp: Adding a temperature field to a template
- The Temperature format can only be set from the web app
- Navigate to the “Templates” menu
- Select to edit an existing inspection template by hovering and selecting the “edit” option.
- Switch the default question field to a “number field” to your inspection template
- Type in the field description (e.g. “Take a temperature reading of XYZ”)
- Underneath the description, you’ll see an option for number field “Format”
- Select the defaulted option “Number” and switch to “Temperature”
- Designate the temperatures you are looking to capture by entering the numbers in the side panel.
The Temperature field can also trigger a logic field. When nesting a logic field under a Temperature field, you will be presented the options of ‘Temperature Fails’ & ‘Temperature Passes’ to trigger the field; this means you can set the field to display other questions and fields in the even a particular temperature range inside/outside the parameters you set
Connecting your Bluetooth Thermometer
If the temperature does not fall within the range, or is greater/less than the temperature set, then the item will be listed as a failed response.
- Ensure you have already added a temperature field to your inspection template
- Enable Bluetooth on your tablet/phone device.
- Start an inspection on your device.
- When you get to the Temperature field, press the ‘On’ button on your Cooper Atkins device and then tap ‘Connect’ within the inspection.
- Your device will now automatically connect to the probe.
- Once the temperature stabilizes, click Capture Temperature and the temperature will be recorded in the inspection.
iAuditor WebApp: Notifications for failed temperatures
It’s important to know when the temperature falls outside of the safe range. Using our API and Zapier, you can set up a workflow to receive an SMS or email notification when a temperature is marked as failed. Here is an example of how it works below: Learn more about how to set up notifications for failed responses.
For additional Bluetooth thermometer connections, please add your request here.