Setup Sensor Alerts
The sensor alerts feature immediately contacts you when you sensor detects temperatures outside of the temperature settings you select when you create the alert. To set-up an alert for your sensor simply follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the “Sensors” section of the iAuditor web app.
- Click to select the sensor tile that corresponds to the sensor you’d like to set-up or modify an alert on.
- The detailed readings screen will display – scroll down to find the section entitled “Alert configuration.
- Toggle the switch to “turn on” (switch will show blue) the alert type that you wish to create, e.g. temperature or humidity alert.
- The alert menu will present with options on the thresholds you wish to set for your temperature.
- Select the applicable thresholds (more detail below) and then move on to assign which contacts you would like the alerts to push to.
- Enter the applicable mobile numbers or email addresses that you would like to push alerts to and select “add”. You can add up to 5 mobile numbers along with up to 20 email addresses. Repeat the process until you’ve added all contacts.
- Select save at the bottom, an alert icon will show as “on” in the upper-righthand corner of your sensors tile.
Alert Option Specifications
- Alert Temperature Threshold: Alerts around temperatures settings include three main options: (1) Below, (2) Above, or (3) Below or above (coming soon).
- Below: I want to be alerted via SMS/email when my sensor detects a temperature below °C / °F and that temperature remains in that range for longer than “X” time frame.
- Above: I want to be alerted via SMS/email when my sensor detects a temperature above °C / °F and that temperature remains at that level for longer than “X” time frame.
- Below or Above (coming soon): I want to be alerted via SMS/email when my sensor detects a temperature below °C / °F OR above °C / °F and that temperature remains at that level for longer than “X” time frame.
- Alert timeframes: The alerts offer preset timeframes that trigger an alert when the sensor detects temperatures outside of its range for an extended period of time as defined by the time frame option you select. Alert time-frame options:
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 120 minutes
- Alert messages: You will receive an alert message if a sensor is reading continuously outside the alert threshold (time frame selected in alert setup). If the sensor continues to collect readings out of your temperature/humidity range, a second and third alert will be sent 1 hour and 2 hours after the first alert respectively.
- You can set up to 5 mobile numbers, and an additional 20 email addresses per sensor.
- SMS (text) alerts are compatible with all major country codes detailed list here.
- There are no additional costs associated with sensor alerts via email or SMS (text message) all costs are covered with the purchase of Sensors recurring fee (per device). Note: this can be annual or monthly fee depending on customer preference.