Remove manual checks and reduce wastage with affordable temperature and humidity sensors. When temperature or humidity goes out of a safe range, you’ll be alerted in iAuditor and via SMS or email. The sensor alerts feature immediately contacts you when your sensor detects temperatures outside of the temperature settings you select when you create the alert.
Create sensor alerts
- Login to the iAuditor web app
- Navigate to the “Sensors” section
- The tile view of all the sensors live across your organization and their status displays
- Select the sensor tile that corresponds to the sensor you’d like to set-up or modify an alert on
- The detailed readings screen will display
- Scroll down to find the section entitled “Alert configuration.”
- Toggle the switch to “turn on,” the switch will show blue
- Select the alert type that you wish to create (e.g., temperature or humidity alert)
- The alert menu will present with options on the thresholds you want to set for your temperature.
- Select the applicable thresholds (more detail below)
- Assign which contacts you would like the alerts to push to
- Enter the mobile numbers or email addresses that you would like to push alerts to and select “Add.”
- Note: You can add up to 5 mobile numbers along with up to 20 email addresses
- Repeat the process until you’ve added all contacts
- Select “Save” at the bottom
- An alert icon will show as “On” in the upper-righthand corner of your sensors tile
Alert Option Specifications
Alert Temperature Threshold
Alerts around temperatures settings include three main options: (1) Below, (2) Above, or (3) Below or above (coming soon).
- Below: I want to be alerted via SMS/email when my sensor detects a temperature below °C / °F, and that temperature remains in that range for longer than “X” time frame.
- Above: I want to be alerted via SMS/email when my sensor detects a temperature above °C / °F, and that temperature remains at that level for longer than “X” time frame.
- Below or Above: I want to be alerted via when my sensor detects a temperature below °C / °F OR above °C / °F and that temperature remains at that level for longer than “X” time frame.
The alerts offer pre-set timeframes that trigger an alert when the sensor detects temperatures outside of its range for an extended period as defined by the time frame option you select. Alert time-frame options:
- 30 minutes
- 45 minutes
- 60 minutes
- 90 minutes
- 120 minutes
- You will receive an alert message if a sensor is reading continuously outside the alert threshold (time frame selected in alert setup). If the sensor continues to collect readings out of your temperature/humidity range, a second and third alert will be sent 1 hour and 2 hours after the first alert respectively.
- You can set up to 5 mobile numbers, and an additional 20 email addresses per sensor.
- SMS (text) alerts are compatible with all 40+ country codes detailed list here.
- There are no additional costs associated with sensor alerts. All expenses are covered with the purchase of the recurring, per device fee. Note: this includes notification fees for both email and SMS (text message).