Looking to remove sensors that are no longer used from your organization? In iAuditor, users with the “Sensor Management” permission can archive sensors to remove them from the Sensors dashboard. Rest assured, you can always go to the Sensors archive to access historical data and even export them to CSV.
This article shows you how to archive sensors for your organization on the web app and the mobile app. If you accidentally archived a sensor, you can re-add the sensor by following the guide for our iAuditor sensors, Monnit sensors, and local weather feeds.
Before you begin
You must have the “Sensor Management” permission to archive sensors. Learn how to assign permissions as an administrator.
Keep in mind that unlike archiving templates and inspections in iAuditor, the action to archive a sensor is irreversible. While the archived sensor's historical data will always be available, re-adding the sensor will create it as a new data point, which is separate from the previously archived sensor’s data logs.
Archive a sensor
- Log in to the iAuditor web app.
- Select Sensors from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Find and click the sensor.
- Click the 3 dots on the upper-right of the page.
- Select Archive.
- Click Archive in the pop-up window to archive the sensor.
- Open the iAuditor mobile app.
- Tap More at the lower-right corner of your screen.
- Select Sensors from the list of options.
- Find and tap the sensor.
- Tap the 3 dots at the upper-right corner of your screen.
- Tap Archive in the pop-up window to archive the sensor.