We understand your audit report can have sensitive information that you may not want to be made public. Web reports includes the option for you to control who has access to your audit report and also added the ability to disable the link in the event your report is sent off to the wrong person(s).
Sharing a web report link
Note: This sharing functionality is not related to auto-sharing and will not affect any previous auto-sharing that has been set up.
To share a web report link with others simply follow the below instructions:
- Click on the “Share”button (top right)
- A small dialog box will appear with the link and a “Copy Link” button
- After tapping on the “Copy Link” button, the link will be copied to your clipboard where you can then paste and send to anyone else
Disabling a shared link
Disabling a shared link, means that anyone who has access to the shared link created previously will no longer have access.
To disable a previously shared link generated from the “Share” button on the web report, follow the below instructions:
- Open the web report that the shared link was generated from
- Click on the “Disable shared link”
- The link will no longer be accessible to those who previously had access
Frequently Asked Questions
- If I copy and paste the link from my browser (and don’t click on the “Share” button) will users outside my organisation be able to see the report link?
- No, you need to follow the steps as specified above under “Sharing a web report link”
- Can the person(s) that I shared the report link with share the report with others?
- Yes, the link can be forwarded via email for example
- Can anyone in my organisation that I share the report link with see the “Share” button?
- Yes, the “Share” button is not tied to any permissions
- Does this web report “Share” button affect any previous auto-sharing I have set up?
- No, sharing the web report link only creates a shareable link that can be viewed by anyone who has been sent the link
- If I disable a link that I have previously shared with someone and they try to access it, what will the user see?
- The user taken to a screen with “Link not found”