Correct reporting is mission-critical when it comes to inspections. With iAuditor, you can generate professional reports from you and your team’s inspections on the web app and on the mobile app. This can be extremely handy when you need to generate and send reports on the spot, immediately after completing your inspections.
This article shows you how to export inspection reports to PDF and Word on the web app and the mobile app. If you are the administrator or template owner, we also recommend customizing your inspection reports with Report Preferences, so you and your team can export reports displaying only the most relevant information.
Before you begin
Please note that the Word format option is only available to Premium users. Learn how you can upgrade for a 30-days trial and unlock the full potential of your iAuditor experience.
Keep in mind that your device must have an internet connection if you are using the mobile app to export inspection reports. On the mobile app, you also have the option to send your PDF or Word reports via email directly within the app. Please note that this feature is only compatible with the native mail apps on Android and iOS.
Export an inspection report to PDF or Word
- Log in to the iAuditor web app.
- Select “Inspections” from the left-hand side menu.
- Click the inspection you wish to export.
- This takes you to the inspection web report. You can select a Report Preference to apply by clicking “Preference” on the top of the page.
- To export the report to PDF, click “PDF” on the top of the page.
- To export the report to Word, click the down arrow next to “PDF” on the top of the page and select “Word”.
- Click “Back to list” on the upper-left of the page to return to the inspections list.
- Log in to iAuditor on your mobile device.
- Tap on “Inspections” at the bottom of your screen.
- Select the “In Progress & Complete” tab at the top of your screen.
- Search for the inspection you wish to export.
- Select accordingly.
Android: Tap the inspection and select “View & Export Report”.
iOS: Tap “View report” below the inspection name. If the inspection is incomplete, tap the inspection and select “View & Download Report”.
- This takes you to the inspection web report. You can select a Report Preference to apply by tapping “Preference” at the upper-right of your screen.
- To export the report to PDF, tap “Download PDF” at the bottom of your screen and select the method to save the PDF report, or tap “Send PDF” to send the PDF report via the native mail app.
- To export the report to Word, tap the 3 dots at the upper-right corner of your screen, then select “Download” and select the method to save the Word report, or select “Send” to send the Word report via the native mail app.
- Tap the arrow or “Close” at the upper-left corner of your screen to return to the inspections list.