As one of the industry-leading platforms for business intelligence, Tableau has transformed the way organizations use data to solve problems and empowered people to make the most of their data. Using the web data connector, you can pull the iAuditor data captured by your frontline teams and analyze it with Tableau’s diverse set of visualization tools.
This article shows you how to pull iAuditor data into Tableau via the web data connector (WDC).
Before you begin
You must have a valid Tableau Desktop license to be able to pull data via the WDC. If your organization uses Tableau Server, you will need to create the data source in Tableau Desktop first. As the integration requires an iAuditor API token, you must also be on our Premium subscription in order to set up the integration.
Please note, the data that gets pulled is based on the data, which the account that generated the API token has access to. If you’re an administrator, learn how to assign yourself the “Data Access” permission to have visibility over all templates and inspections in your organization.
The iAuditor connector for Tableau is capable of retrieving the following sets of data.
- Inspection items
- Users (requires the “User Management” permission)
- Groups (requires the “Group Management” permission)
- Group users (requires the “Group Management” permission)
If your Tableau is already connected to iAuditor via the WDC, you can retrieve the new data sets by connecting to iAuditor again. Please note that the new data sets do not include the previous version’s “ScAudits: Audit Data” table. You can retrieve the “Audit Data” table by using this WDC URL when connecting: “https://tableau.safetyculture.com?showLegacyScAuditsTable=true”.
Pull data from iAuditor
- Open “Tableau Desktop”.
- In the “Connect” sidebar, click “Web Data Connector”, under “To a Server”.
- In the pop-up window, enter the iAuditor web data connector URL: “https://tableau.safetyculture.com/”. You may need to press “enter” or “return” on your keyboard to load the WDC.
- Configure the following fields.
API Access Token: Input your iAuditor API token.
Date Format: Select between the date formats of “yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss” and “ISO-8601”. Please note that this applies to all the data that’s pulled via the WDC.
From Date (optional): Filter the data to only retrieve inspections modified after a specified date.
To Date (optional): Filter the data to only retrieve inspections modified before a specified date.
Template IDs (optional): Filter the data to only retrieve inspections from specified templates, by supplying a list of template IDs, separated by commas.
Inspection concurrency: This determines the number of inspections that are fetched at once. By default, the field is set to “100”, but it can be adjusted to any value between “1” and “1000”.
Completed (optional): Click the field and select “false” if you wish to only retrieve incomplete inspections, or select “both” for complete and incomplete inspections.
Archived (optional): Click the field and select “true” if you wish to only retrieve archived inspections, or select “both” for active and archived inspections.
Include Inactive Items (optional): Specify whether to retrieve inactive inspection items or not. Such as untriggered Logic fields and Repeat sections.
- Click “Get Data” to import the iAuditor data sets into Tableau as extracts.
- This should open your workbook with the iAuditor data in table format. Select the data you wish to retrieve and click “Update Now” to start loading the data. Please note that the time required to load the data depends on several factors, including the network speed. If a failure occurs during fetching, try reducing the inspection concurrency.