Getting started with Tableau is easy. All you need is a SafetyCulture API token, a licensed copy of Tableau Desktop 10.0+, and five minutes.
To get started, follow this video guide:
Or, follow these steps:
2. In the left side-menu, select Connect -> To a Server -> Web Data Connector, as annotated in the image above.
3. Enter the URL for the SafetyCulture Web Data Connector (tableau.safetyculture.com) in the interface which comes up:
4. Hit enter, and the input form of the Web Data Connector will be displayed. You must input a valid SafetyCulture API token before templates will be displayed in the ‘Select Templates’ menu. Select one or more templates, select a ‘From’ date (leave the ‘To’ field blank if you want to pull audits up until current time and be able to refresh your data later). Hit continue.
5. On the next screen, click ‘Update Now’:
6. Tableau will call the SafetyCulture API, retrieving all of the audit data that fit the parameters you selected in the input form. This process may take a few minutes or longer, depending on how many audits match the search parameters. Soon, you’ll see your data in tabular format:
7. Select ‘Go to Worksheet’ on the bottom menu bar, and then:
8. Drag and drop fields from the left panes onto the Columns, Rows, and Marks shelves to start building visualisations immediately.
Note: Read this article for information on the Wed Data Connector