Power BI is one of the leading business intelligence tools that can enhance your data analysis experience. Not only is it capable of processing large quantities of data with ease but it also offers powerful visualization options that can help turn insights into action. This in combination with the data captured by your iAuditor users, can bring success to whichever industry you look after.
This article shows you how to set up the iAuditor connector and connect the data source in Power BI Desktop.
Before you begin
You must have a valid Power BI license to be able to pull data from iAuditor. As the integration requires an iAuditor API token, you must also be on our Premium subscription in order to set up the integration.
Please note, the data that gets pulled is based on the data, which the account that generated the API token has access to. If you’re an administrator, learn how to assign yourself the “Data Access” permission to have visibility over all templates and inspections in your organization.
The iAuditor connector for Power BI Desktop is capable of retrieving the following sets of data.
- Inspection items
- Users (requires the “User Management” permission)
- Groups (requires the “Group Management” permission)
- Group users (requires the “Group Management” permission)
Please note that the iAuditor connector for Power BI Desktop is currently in beta. If you run into any errors or have any questions regarding the integration, help us improve by providing your feedback.
Connect to iAuditor
- Download the iAuditor Power Query (.pqx) connector.
- Uncompress the downloaded file.
- Navigate to the “Power BI Desktop” folder in your “Documents” directory. If the folder doesn’t exist, create a new folder and name it “Power BI Desktop”.
- Copy and paste the uncompressed “iAuditorSigned.pqx” file into the “Custom Connectors” folder. If the folder does not exist, create a new folder and name it “Customer Connectors”.
- Trust iAuditor as a third-party connector. You may require administrator access or contact your administrator to trust the connector. Enter the following value as the “TrustedCertificateThumbprints” when required.
- Open Power BI Desktop. If your Power BI Desktop is already open, close and reopen it for the iAuditor connector to become available.
- Click “Get data” in the “Home” tab and select “More…”.
- In the pop-up window, search and select “iAuditor by SafetyCulture”. Then, click “Connect”.
- Specify the organization name, then click “OK”.
- Input your API token, then click “Connect”.
- This lists the iAuditor data in table format. Select the tables you wish to import.
- You can click “Load” to import the selected tables immediately, or click “Transform Data” to transform and clean the data before importing. Please note that the time required to load the data depends on several factors, including the network speed.