In order to set-up an integration you must first connect your iAuditor account to the public API. To connect, you will need to generate unique API tokens to authorize all requests you make without having to use or store your username and password in your scripts or applications.
You can either generate an API token programmatically by following the guide or from the iAuditor WebApp with the steps shown below:
WebApp: Generate an API token
You can only generate up to 10 API tokens per user account, before the 11th token replaces the first one that was generated and so forth.
Tokens will also expire after 30 days of inactivity.
- Sign in to your iAuditor web account
- Click on your name in the bottom left and select “Account Settings”
- Scroll to the bottom of the page
- Enter your iAuditor sign-in password in the box provided
- Click “Generate API Token” – a new API token will generate below
- Click on the token to copy it to your clipboard
- Store the token securely, it enables access to all of your inspection data. For more information, see https://developer.safetyculture.io/#authentication
- Sign in to your iAuditor account on the web
- Click on your Organization name in the lower left-hand corner
- Click “Integrations” in the top left
- Click “Generate an API Token here”
- Enter your password into the prompt
- Your API Token is shown in green characters.
Make sure to copy your new personal access token now. You will not be able to see it once you close the dialogue box. Be sure to keep your API token safe.