To get started with the API, you will need to generate an API token. This token is used to authorise all requests you make so that you will not need to use or store your username and password in your own scripts or applications.
You can either generate an API token programmatically by following the guide here or from the iAuditor website:
4. Lastly, click ‘Generate Token’. The token will be provided for you to copy and paste in the space provided. Store the token securely, as it enables access to all of your audit data. For more information, see https://developer.safetyculture.io/#authentication
1. Sign into your iAuditor account at https://app.safetyculture.io/login.html
2. Click on your Organisation name in the left-hand pane:
3. Click ‘Integrations’ near the top left:
4. Click ‘Generate an API Token here’:
5. Enter your password into the prompt
6. Your API Token will be provided in green characters. Make sure to copy your new personal access token now. You won’t be able to see it once you close the dialogue box.
Be sure to keep your API token safe.