We understand that for many organizations, software integration is essential to achieve operational success. Not only is it necessary to automate tedious tasks and minimize human error but also important to help centralize data to a single source of truth. With iAuditor, you can set up and authenticate integrations with API tokens that authorize access to your account.
This article shows you how to generate API tokens, which are required for integrations with iAuditor.
Before you begin
You must be on our Premium subscription to generate API tokens and integrate with iAuditor.
Keep in mind that each user account can only generate up to 10 API tokens. Meaning the 11th token you generate will replace the first token and so forth.
Please note that API tokens expire after 30 days of inactivity, at which point you would need to generate a new token to integrate with iAuditor.
Generate an API token
- Log in to the iAuditor web app.
- Click your username on the lower-left corner of the page.
- Select “Account Settings”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and type in your account password in the “API” box. If your organization utilizes single sign-on (SSO) and does not allow non-SSO logins, skip to the next step.
- Click “Generate an API token”.
- Click the newly generated token in the “API” box to copy it to your clipboard. Make sure to store the token securely as you won’t be able to see it again after the page refreshes or closes.
Check out our API documentation on how to generate an API token by making an HTTP request.