This article shows you how to export inspection reports automatically with Zapier, a 3rd party service. You can also use Microsoft Flow to export to Outlook, SharePoint and many other applications. See here for more on that.
Connecting information between iAuditor and other business tools gives you complete visibility over your operations. With the iAuditor API (available with a Premium subscription) you can build custom workflows to achieve a seamless inspection process.
Build Custom Workflows
Export Inspections upon completion
Use different file formats (PDF or Word)
Apply the automatically exported Inspections with Report Preferences
Provide a strict naming convention to each Inspection File Name
Utilize a rigid folder structure
Automatically Export Inspection Data to Online Spreadsheet
To simplify the process of exporting raw inspection data, it is possible to integrate iAuditor with online spreadsheet platforms (e.g. Google Sheets) with Zapier. This allows users to create custom exports of their data when inspections are completed, either from a specific or all templates. The Zaps can be configured to update existing rows or create new rows in online spreadsheets.
This example will outline the integration between iAuditor and Google Sheets. Make sure you have an existing spreadsheet created within your Google Drive already, and column headers created following instructions here.
iAuditor Premium Subscription and paid Zapier account are required for this workflow.
Here are the steps on how to set it up:
- “Make a Zap” in your account to get started
- You will need to choose the Trigger App – search for iAuditor and select “iAuditor by SafetyCulture”
- Choose “Any Audit Completion” if you want the the Zap to be triggered when any inspections you have view access to are completed
Or select “Audit Completion” if you wish for the trigger to come from a specific template’s completed inspections
- If this is your first Zap with iAuditor, you will need to “Connect an Account” by providing your API token that can be generated the iAuditor Web Application (browser). Otherwise, select your iAuditor account from the page and click “Continue”
- Select the Template from the drop-down list that you would like the resulting inspections generated from and click “Continue”
Note that only the 20 most recently modified templates are shown, if your desired template is not shown, make a small modification in the template editor and refresh the Zapier dropdown list for the template
- For the Zap to function, you will need to make sure that there is at least one recent inspection completed, and from the template selected if applicable. Click “Pull in Sample” to retrieve this recently completed inspection. If the test is successful you will be notified and can “Continue” onto the next step
- With the trigger of inspection completion now setup, you will need to configure the following Action
Search and select Google Sheets, then “Save + Continue” with “Create Spreadsheet Row”
- If this is your first Zap with Google Sheets, you will need to “Connect an Account” with your login credentials. Otherwise, select your iAuditor account from the page and click “Continue”
- Now you can setup the Google Sheets Spreadsheet Details of the Zap:
Drive: the directory where you wish to store the spreadsheet – select the location within your Google Drive, if none is selected: location will default to the main personal folder
Spreadsheet: the existing spreadsheet in which you wish to export the data to – select from the dropdown list of spreadsheets
Worksheet: the sheet within the spreadsheet file where you wish to export the data to – select from the dropdown list
- You will notice after selecting the Worksheet, the column headers have become selections with dropdown lists
Select the items from step 1 via each dropdown list each header – this will populate the columns accordingly every time an inspection is complete. Once you have finished, “Continue” to the next step for testing
If the test is successful you will be notified and can “Finish” to complete the Zap
- Name your Zap (on the top left corner) and save it to a folder (if applicable), then turn it on for Zapier to automatically export inspection data to your Google Sheets
- Logic fields are not supported
- Repeat sections are not supported
- Image attachments are not supported
See Automatically email spreadsheets using Zapier for information on how to configure additional Actions to automatically email the spreadsheets in XLSX or CSV format.