It is possible to configure Zapier as an integration between iAuditor and 3rd-party cloud-based spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets.) This allows users to create custom spreadsheet exports of their audit data, as audits are completed, either from a specific template or from every template.
The Zaps can be configured to update existing rows or create new rows in either Excel or Google.
Triggering based on audits completing from any template would only work as an option to collate information common to all templates, such as metadata (date completed, user, etc.)
- SafetyCulture: Audit Completes
- SafetyCulture: Any Audit Completes
- Microsoft Excel: Add Row or Update Row
- Google Sheets: Add Row or Update Row
- Office 365 User with Microsoft Excel or Gmail User
- iAuditor Premium User and API Token
- Existing spreadsheet saved to cloud-storage with Column headings created
- iAuditor Template with at least 1 Audit Completed
After authenticating, select the template to monitor for newly completed audits, if required.
Next, the user must select either Google Sheets or Excel and authenticate their Gmail or Office 365 account within Zapier.
Given a Google or Excel spreadsheet with the following column headings defined:
The user must specify the column (Audit_ID in this example) to use to lookup the appropriate row by matching it against the select information in the triggering audit (audit_id in this example).
Google Sheets requires a middle-step to be configured in order to allow the lookup. There is an optional setting that can be configured in this step to allow for a row to be added (or not) when no existing row is found:
Lastly, audit fields must be mapped to their appropriate columns in the Zap configuration and then the Zap can be tested, saved and enabled:
Final Zap configuration overview for both Google and Excel:
- Office 365 token expiry is 30 days in Zapier. User must re-enter credentials each time
- Mapping audit fields in the Zap configuration can be confusing, as the audit field names are not always clear.
- It isn’t possible to trigger based on incomplete audits
- It isn’t possible to select if archived audits are processed or not
- It isn’t possible to create new Spreadsheets / Worksheets, can only append or update
- No support for Smart Fields
- No support for Dynamic Fields
- No support for images
For additional detail, see a step by step guide on how to Export Completed Audits to Google Sheets using Zapier
See Automatically email exported spreadsheet data using Zapier for information on how to configure an additional supporting Zap to automatically email the spreadsheets in XLSX/CSV format.Related Guides