The export tool can automatically bulk-export iAuditor inspections directly to a CSV file on your computer. The tool runs in looping mode to automatically export newly completed inspections.
- Improved compatibility with spreadsheet software and business intelligence tools.
- Automatic exporting of newly completed inspections
- An improved format that effectively conveys complex inspections data like dynamic fields, list of images, and quoted text.
- A more flexible format that gracefully handles templates that change over time. Templates that change over time disrupts the expected inspection structure.
- A more predictable format for easy parsing, database importing, and data analytics.
There is one other method to export inspections in tabular format using Zapier that readers may be interested in. This method is completely automated after initial setup, runs no software on your system, and saves your inspection data directly to cloud spreadsheet software like Google Sheets, or Excel Online.
See an example Zap setup here: Exporting inspection data to an online spreadsheet using Zapier.
The following setup requires an iAuditor Premium subscription.
Installation and Guide
The iAuditor Exporter is part of the Python SDK package which is available for download. The tool is command-line based and needs installing using a Python tool called pip. Prior to following the below commands, you’ll need to install Python on your local machine.
- If you’re running macOS, you’ll likely already have Python 2.7 installed. In Terminal if you run the command
python --versionyou should see version 2.7.
- For users on Windows, you’ll need to install Python.
- Download this file from Python.org – This is an installation file, so you may need administrator access to download it. If you encounter issues downloading, you may need to speak to your IT admin for further support.
- Once downloaded, double click the file to begin the installation
- Accept the default options and keep clicking next.
- At the very end of the install, you’ll see a tick box to ‘Add Python to PATH’ – ensure you tick the box.
- If you’ve already installed and missed the tick box, just run the installer again and you’ll be able to tick the box.
- Restart your computer
To install, setup, and start exporting inspections in CSV format, paste the following instructions into the terminal (on macOS, the easiest way to get to Terminal is to search for it using Spotlight (
CMD+Space or click the magnifying glass at the top right of your screen. On Windows, in the search box at the bottom left of your screen, type
cmd and hit enter.):
cd ~%USERPROFILE%/Desktop(Here we’re just moving to the Desktop as the script will be creating some folders. Feel free to change this to another directory if you wish such as Documents.)
pip install safetyculture-sdk-python
iauditor_exporter --format csv
The iAuditor CSV Exporter is limited in scope.
- Cannot restrict the CSV export to specific item types. All items are exported for each inspection.
- Cannot restrict what information is exported for each item. All information is exported for every item.
- Cannot restrict which inspections export using a template filter. In bulk export mode, all inspections are exported.
- In bulk export mode, a CSV file is created for each unique template. Inspections are appended to an existing CSV file if one exists for the inspection template. If the CSV file for the inspection template does not exist, a new file is created.
- Cannot limit the CSV Exporter to only selected templates
- If you update an inspection that has already been exported, it will be appended to the CSV file a second time
|Column Header||Item Type||Description|
|ItemType||String||Item Type as selected in the template editor. This can be a question, signature, location, etc.|
|Label||String||The prompt written in the template editor. For a question item, this column contains the question itself.|
|Response||String / Number / Boolean||The item response selected in the inspection.|
|Comment||String||The comment associated with this item, if a comment was added in the inspection.|
|MediaHypertextReference||String||If this item contains an image, this column holds the HREF to access the media file. For more information, see https://developer.safetyculture.io/#get-media|
|Latitude||Number||If this item contains location data, this column holds the latitude of the location|
|Longitude||Number||If this item contains location data, this column holds the longitude of the location|
|ItemScore||Number||The score of this item|
|ItemMaxScore||Number||The maximum possible score associated with this item|
|ItemScorePercentage||Number||The percentage score of this item. Calculated as Item Score / Item Max Score|
|Mandatory||Boolean||True if this item is set to mandatory in the template. If not, this column is False. For more information about mandatory fields, see https://support.safetyculture.com/templates/mandatory-items/|
|FailedResponse||Boolean||Treu if the response selected for this item is selected as a failed response in the template. For more information, see https://support.safetyculture.com/analytics/failed-responses/|
|Inactive||Boolean||True if the item is made inactive by a smart field. For more information about smart fields, see https://support.safetyculture.com/templates/smart-fields/|
|ItemID||String||Unique UUID of this item. This can be used to identify like items over different inspections, even if the item label changes over time.|
|ResponseID||String||Unique UUID of the response selected. This can be used to identify like responses over different inspections, even if the response text changes over time.|
|ParentID||String||Unique item ID of the item this item is nested under in the template editor.|
|AuditOwner||String||The full name of the user that created this inspection|
|AuditAuthor||String||The full name of the user that last edited this inspection (audit)|
|AuditName||String||The name of the inspection. This is the response to the Inspection (Audit) Title field|
|AuditScore||Number||The score of this inspection. This is the sum of the inspections (audit) item scores|
|AuditMaxScore||Number||The maximum possible score of this inspection. This is the sum of the inspection (audit)Item Max Score values|
|AuditScorePercentage||Number||The percentage score of this inspection (audit). Calculated as Audit Score / Audit Max Score|
|AuditDuration||Number (seconds)||The number of seconds this inspection (audit) took to conduct. This is measured when the inspection is conducted on a device using the iAuditor application|
|DateStarted||String||The Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) this inspection was started. Format is YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS|
|DateCompleted||String||The Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) this inspection was completed. Format is YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS|
|DateModified||String||The Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) this inspection was modified. Format is YYYY/MM/DD HH:MM:SS|
|AuditID||String||The unique UUID of this inspection.|
|TemplateID||String||The unique UUID of the template this audit is built on|
|TemplateName||String||The name of the template this audit is built on|
|TemplateAuthor||String||The full name of the author of the template this audit was built on|
|ItemCategory||String||The label of the Section or Category this item is nested under in the template.|
|DocumentNo||Number||The Document number of this inspection. The document number is a header field. For more information about header fields, see https://support.safetyculture.com/templates/header-fields/|
|ConductedOn||String||The date and time this inspection was conducted. Conducted On in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). This is a header field. For more information about header fields, see https://support.safetyculture.com/templates/header-fields/|
|PreparedBy||String||Response to the "Prepared By" header field. For more information about header fields, see https://support.safetyculture.com/templates/header-fields/|
|Location||String||Respnse to the "Location" header field. For more information about header fields, see https://support.safetyculture.com/templates/header-fields/|
|Personnel||String||Response to the "Personnel" header field. For more information about header fields, see https://support.safetyculture.com/templates/header-fields/|
|ClientSite||String||Response to the "Client/Site" header field. For more information about header fields, see https://support.safetyculture.com/templates/header-fields/|
|AuditSite||String||The name of the 'Site' selected when starting an inspection (audit), if 'Sites' have been enabled. For more information on 'Sites', see https://support.safetyculture.com/reports/adding-sites-and-sites-reporting/|
|AuditArea||String||The name of the 'Site Area' selected when starting an inspection (audit), if 'Sites' have been enabled. For more information on 'Sites', see https://support.safetyculture.com/reports/adding-sites-and-sites-reporting/|
|AuditRegion||String||The name of the 'Site Region' selected when starting an inspection (audit), if 'Sites' have been enabled. For more information on 'Sites', see https://support.safetyculture.com/reports/adding-sites-and-sites-reporting/|