Inspections are a great way to capture issues and ensure compliance in your workplace. However, from time to time, specific inspections may need to be reviewed for auditing purposes and it’s important to be able to see when an inspection took place and how each question was answered in the inspection. In iAuditor, inspection edits are automatically recorded and can be viewed in each inspection’s inspection history, so everyone can be held accountable for what changes they have made and when they took place.
This article shows you how to view inspection histories on the web app. You can also check out our guide on how to start new and edit existing inspections to see how inspection history is captured in action!
Before you begin
Please note that as the feature was released on June 10th, 2018, inspection edits made before this date are not available. If you attempt to view the history of an inspection that was conducted or has edits made before June 10th, 2018, you may see “Historical data unavailable” or “Warning, history for this inspection may be missing. Any changes made before the 10th of Jun 2018 are not available”.
Keep in mind that this feature does not capture audit trails of actions created in inspections and questions using the Annotation response type.
View an inspection history
- Log in to the iAuditor web app.
- Select “Inspections” from the left-hand side menu.
- Hover your cursor over the inspection you wish to view the history of.
- Click “View History” on the right-hand side.
- This lists the history of all supported response types, from the latest edits on the top of the page to the start of the inspection at the bottom of the page. You can hover your cursor over the relative time labels, such as “a day ago”, to see the specific date and time the change was synced.
- Repeat from step 2 for any other inspection history you wish to view.