In late 2018, Microsoft announced that it would end support of the Windows 10 Mobile on December 10, 2019. Following this decision, we decided to focus our efforts on the other iAuditor mobile platforms and deprecate support for the iAuditor Windows app. Whilst we recommend our customers to start using the iAuditor Android and iOS app, we understand that a lot of customers still enjoy using their Windows devices, and may need to conduct inspections using the web app via web browsers. This includes being able to take photos and attach them to questions as evidence.
This article shows you how to upload photos when conducting inspections on the web app with Windows devices, such as Surface Pro tablets, which support taking photos on the go.
Before you begin
Please make sure your Windows device is connected to the internet when using the web app, as it’s cloud-based and saves changes as you go.
Take and upload a photo to an inspection question
- Log in to the iAuditor web app.
- Start a new or edit an existing inspection.
- Find the question you wish to upload a photo for.
- Use the "Camera" application to take the photo, then save it and note the directory location.
- Depending on the question’s response type, click or tap “Add Media” or “Media”.
- This opens a window to your computer file directory.
- Click or tap “Open” on the photo taken and saved in step 4 to attach it to the question.