Scheduling lets managers have confidence that inspections are being completed on time, as required. Schedules have a “start at” and “complete by” (due) time that defines a time window in which a scheduled inspection may be completed before being considered missing. Team members and groups can be assigned a recurring schedule of inspections to be completed within a timeframe. These are tracked in their own menu in the iAuditor app and can be reviewed.
Learn via video
Creating a Scheduled Inspection
- From the iAuditor web app, click the “Scheduling” menu on the left.
- From here, click the “Manage Schedules” link at the top of the page.
- Then, click “Schedule Inspection”
- Create a scheduled inspection and assign it to a user, group, or up to 10 individual users. At this time, a Scheduled Inspection can only be assigned to users and groups within your organization.
- Template: This field allows you to select a template for the scheduled inspection. Note that your user(s) do not have to have sharing access set up for this file; Scheduling will grant, then revoke, sharing for this template during the inspection time period.
- Assignee: This field provides the assignee of the scheduled inspection, selected from your organization. You may use up to 10 individual users or one group.
- Start Date / Complete By: You can utilize these fields to select the time period the inspection should be started and completed by. The inspection can be set on a recurring basis Daily, Every Weekday, Weekly or Monthly.
- Title: If you wish to name the scheduled inspection, you can do so here – you can also use the suggested title link provided.
After setting your parameters, click “Save Schedule”. Your inspection will now appear in the Scheduled Inspections menu.
When scheduling an inspection, the system will default to a 3-hour window.
Assign a schedule to your team
When an inspection is scheduled, the assigned user(s) will receive a notification in the Schedule tab of their mobile device. The Schedule tab displays the upcoming 7 days of scheduled inspections.
Any user that is granted the “Schedule Management” permission can create and manage schedules for their organization. The “Schedule Management” permission is a part of the Admin permission. Thus existing administrators will inherit the “Schedule Management” permission. You can also create schedules for Templates you only have view permission for.
Start and Complete a Schedule
A scheduled inspection can be started from either in the “overview” screen or directly from the inspection template.
- If the user is within the timeframe of the scheduled inspection, they can access the iAuditor web app and click ‘Start Inspection’ on the template.
- Provided the user is within the “start at” and “complete by” times, this inspection will count as fulfilling the requirements of the scheduled inspection. If they are early or late, the app will notify them that they are unable to perform the inspection.
- Alternatively, from the “Inspections > Templates” list in the iAuditor mobile app, select the template you wish to start a new inspection from.
- Provided you are within the “start at” and “complete by” times, this inspection will count as fulfilling the requirements of your scheduled inspection.
- When scheduled, a user cannot complete a scheduled inspection outside of the “start at” and “complete by” (due) times.
All schedules will be localized to each user’s timezone. For example, if an inspection is set to schedule for 9 am in every location, it will appear as 9 am for each user regardless of their timezone.
Notification of scheduled inspections
The assignee(s) will receive an email and a push notification at the “Start At” time for a scheduled inspection. Push notifications can only be sent if they are enabled for iAuditor on the mobile device. Notifications for scheduling can be customized in the notification settings. Learn more.
If a scheduled inspection was not completed between “start at” and “complete by” (due) time, this schedule will be marked as ‘missed,’ and is removed from the assignee’s Schedule list. T0 see missed inspection, do the following: In the Scheduling section of the iAuditor web platform, there is a tab on the top navigation bar to see a list of Missed inspections. You can also view further and more specific analytics regarding Scheduled Inspections in Analytics. Navigate to Analytics > Inspections > Scheduled.
Scheduling and sharing
Scheduling compliments existing sharing arrangements, as Inspections scheduled by your administrator to the users will be shared automatically back to the administrator, with no additional configuration needed. You can set an inspection to be scheduled and the inspection report will be sent to you automatically.
Existing shares are respected as they exist currently, and your settings won’t change as a result of Scheduling. For example, if User A does not have access to Template 1, he is automatically granted View access to Template 1 if he is assigned a schedule with that template. Remember that the View permission allows a user the ability to see and use the template, but not change or delete it.
Currently the Scheduling feature on mobile devices is online only. An internet connection is required for inspections to be associated with a schedule (even if they meet schedule requirements)
- First, ensure the most current version of iAuditor is installed on the mobile device.
- Next, check the device time is accurate and set automatically by the operating system – to ensure correctness.
- Ensure the time zone on the user account is set properly.
- Log into the iAuditor web app.
- Click the username in the upper left of the menu.
- Click “Edit Details” Alternatively, go to https://app.safetyculture.io/#/account/myprofile
- Check that the time zone matches the expected time zone of the user. If it does not, update this value.
- Users may need to wait up to five minutes to see this change reflected on their device Schedule list.
If a user changes locale (i.e – flies from Sydney to Madrid), the next time they reload their Schedule list on their device or log in to the web platform, they should see a prompt banner to update their timezone to their new locale. If they update their time zone, all future occurrences will be in the time zone of their new locale.
Pausing and deleting a schedule
We recommend pausing schedules instead of deleting them if you still want the results to display in analytics.
- Select “Schedule” from the left side menu and navigate to “Manage Schedules” via the top panel
- Click on the schedule you wish to pause or delete
- See a popup box appear for the schedule – select the 3 dots top right corner of the box for the respective options of “Pause” and “Delete”