As part of the access builder feature, you can set who has access to a template to conduct inspections and who those inspection results will automatically go to. However, we understand that access settings can evolve as your organization structure changes, so it’s important to be able to apply changes to existing inspection data for teams to remain up to date.
This article shows you how to retroactively provide inspection access or “retroshare” via the access builder on the web app. Keep in mind that this feature’s functionality is only relevant for templates with existing inspections.
Before you begin
Please note that this feature is part of the access builder, a new web app experience that’s only available to certain organizations. If you’re an administrator, you can sign up your organization for this new experience by contacting our customer support team.
At a minimum, you must have the “conduct, edit” access level over a template to update its inspection access to relevant users and groups retroactively. If you’re an administrator, learn how you can assign yourself the "Data Management" permission to have full access to all templates and inspections in your organization.
Retroactively provide inspection access
- Log in to the iAuditor web app.
- Select Templates from the menu on the left-hand side.
- Click the template and select Manage access in the template details panel.
- This takes you to the access builder. Click Edit rules on the bottom of the access builder. Learn how to manage template and inspection access rules if you want to make changes.
- Click Save and apply.
- In the pop-up window, select Apply to past and future to provide inspection access to the relevant users and groups retroactively.