We understand that from time to time, you may need to conduct inspections whilst in an area with an unstable internet connection. With the iAuditor mobile app, you can still conduct inspections even if your mobile device doesn’t have an internet connection at all. Allowing you to still get the job done during the day and synchronize all the data you’ve captured when you’re back online.
This article outlines some of the best practices for when you conduct inspections on the mobile app whilst offline.
Before you begin
Please note that conducting inspections whilst offline is only supported on the Android and iOS mobile app platforms.
It’s important that you follow the best practices as much as possible to ensure the inspection data you capture whilst offline is stored safely on your mobile device. This way it can be synced and get backed up when you return to an area with stable internet connectivity.
Keep in mind that you may find some features inoperable whilst your mobile device is offline. This includes associating inspections with schedules, as well as viewing and downloading inspection reports.
Conduct an offline inspection
Before the inspection
- You should make sure your iAuditor mobile app is up to date. Learn how to update mobile apps on Android and iOS devices.
- We recommend that you perform a manual sync on the iAuditor mobile app to make sure templates available to you are stored offline.
- To make sure that you always have backup copies of photos you take during inspections, you can set your iAuditor mobile app to automatically duplicate inspection photos to the device’s local photo library.
During the inspection
- You can now start new inspections whilst offline on your mobile app. We recommend that you keep the iAuditor mobile app open during the offline period.
After the inspection
- As soon as your mobile device has a stable internet connection, perform a manual sync on the iAuditor mobile app to sync all the inspection data you have captured. Make sure to wait for the syncing progress bar to complete.
- If you created any actions whilst offline, you can sync the actions by navigating to the “Actions” menu on the mobile app and swiping down on the screen.