Actions build workflow into the iAuditor system by helping users take the next steps when corrective action is needed. You have the ability to assign actions while conducting inspections so that the response is immediate and on the spot. The action can be assigned to another user with a priority level and due date, and they will be notified in real-time via email, text (SMS), or push notification. The assignee can then address the situation immediately, and you will be notified once this action has been completed.
This article shows you how to use the legacy actions feature on iAuditor.
Mobile: Create an action during an inspection
- When a non-compliance selection is made, the submenu will appear with the option to add an action. Alternatively, tap on the paperclip.
- Create an action. You have the option to assign the action to a user within your organization account and set a priority and due date. The assignee will receive a notification.
Updating the status of pending actions
- Tap on "Actions" in the bottom menu of iAuditor to see your list of actions.
- You can update the status of the action by tapping "Start Action" at the bottom to show the ‘In Progress’ status.
- Complete the action by tapping on ‘Mark As Done’ to close the action and update the status to ‘Done’.
- If the action cannot be done, you can change the status to 'Can't Do' by pulling up the drop-down menu in the top right-hand corner. You also have the option to 'Edit' the action if necessary.
- You can also tap the “Link to inspection” field to access the specific inspection and question that the action is referring to. Note that this only applies if you have 'View' permissions to the inspection, and is not yet available on the iAuditor web app. As seen in the screenshot below:
- The field shows the name of the inspection (Pre-Start checklist) and the field that the Action was created on. When you tap it, you will be linked to the specific item in the inspection this refers to - the Action will be listed below the item, as well.
Action visibility relies on the sharing of inspections. Meaning, if you wish to see actions from an inspection, that inspection must be shared with you. Learn how you can share inspections with your team.